Small & Emerging Business Program
The Mission of this Program is to increase the viability and competitiveness of Louisiana’s Small and Emerging Businesses (SEBs) by providing business and technical training and assistance through the Small and Emerging Business Development Program.
The Small and Emerging Business Development Program is a joint initiative between the Louisiana Department of Economic Development and the Southwest Louisiana Partnership for Economic Development. This program is intended to offer at a nominal or reduced cost quality managerial and technical assistance to certified small and emerging businesses in the Southwest Louisiana region of Allen, Beauregard, Cameron, Calcasieu and Jefferson Davis Parishes.
What is a Small and Emerging Business?
A Small & Emerging Business (SEB) is a firm that is owned and controlled by one or more Small and Emerging Business persons and meets the requirements of small and emerging business. Eligibility requirements fall into two categories that apply to the individual owners and to the applicant’s firm. In order to continue participation in the Program, a firm and its individual owner(s) must continue to meet all eligibility requirements.
Who is Eligible for this Program?
- Must be a citizen of United States of America
- Must have lived in the State of Louisiana for at least one (1) year
- Personal net worth of each owner must be less than $200,000 (excluding personal residence and retirement assets i.e., IRA, 401K, pensions, etc.)
- Owner(s) required to spend a minimum of 35 hours per week in the business to qualify for certification in this program
- The business net worth at time of application cannot exceed $750,000
- Business must be organized for profit (nonprofits are not eligible) with its principal place of business in Louisiana
If you become certified as a Small & Emerging Business, you are eligible for...
Once you become certified as a Small & Emerging Business enterprise, you will be scheduled for one or more assessments to determine the type of managerial or technical services that you need. IMPORTANT! Your business may be required to pay a nominal or percentage of the cost for the managerial or technical services. Types of services available include (not all inclusive):
|Let us help you by preparing you to grow your own business. Contact Adrian Wallace for more information.
- Cash flow management
- Benefits planning
- Human Resources
- Inventory management
- Marketing material
- Procurement government
- Legal services
- Small Business Bonding Assistance program to help acquire quality bid, performance and payment bonds.