The SEED Center will prepare our customers to become successful sustainable businesses by providing quality facilities, training, and counseling.
The Business Incubator Center supports young companies during their first years of business, which is the most vulnerable period of development. It is a place where you can learn how to do business while you conduct business.
The SWLA SEED Center Business Incubator's mission is to serve the five parish region as the economic catalyst to facilitate the development and sustainability of early stage ventures, and existing businesses.
Location: Your office will be located in the SEED Center at 4310 Ryan St., Lake Charles, Louisiana
As an Incubator client, you will receive:
- An office with basic furniture
- Use of conference room by appointment
- Counseling from McNeese Small Business Development Center
- Internet connectivity
- Office cleaning service
- A sign with your logo in the Incubator Lobby
- Copying and faxing services on a fee basis
- One on-site uncovered parking space
- Access to building is 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Controlled assess after hours.
- Your company must be a small business from the five parishes of Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron or Jefferson Davis
- Complete a formal admission application and attach a $25 non-refundable application fee
Business Incubator of SWLA is a coalition of the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, The City of Lake Charles, The Southwest Louisiana Economic Development Alliance Foundation, McNeese Small Business Development Center, and The SWLA Partnership for Economic Development, and is managed by the SWLA Economic Development Alliance. Contact Adrian L. Wallace for more information.
It must be understood that this is an overview and not necessarily inclusive of all the detailed services offered by each service provider.
Further, programming by its very nature will evolve with time and new programming and services will be added in response to the needs of the clients and available resources.
These services target businesses at various stages i.e.
- Start-up, Microenterprise (less than 5 employees and less than $35,000 for startup),
- Stage 1 (less than 10 employees)
- and Stage 2 (more than 10 employees).
The vast majority of programs and services listed are free to clients.