Small Business Resource Guide
for Southwest Louisiana
During this period of high economic growth and industrial development in Southwest Louisiana, local residents and small businesses have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to capture the benefits and experience their own growth.
The Small Business Resource Guide outlines suggested steps for launching a new business and recommendations for existing businesses that want to build a working relationship with area industry.
Starting, managing and maintaining a small business takes hard work, self-initiative, determination, resilience and staying power. There are numerous organizations across Southwest Louisiana that can help open doors of opportunity and help business owners reach their business goals. The Small Business Resource Guide aims to connect businesses with these resources and with the companies that need their services.
The guide contains three main sections:
1. A step-by-step guide to starting a business
2. Guidance for existing businesses who want to work with area industry
3. A comprehensive resource section with contact information
The Small Business Resource Guide was developed in collaboration with:
- Louisiana Small Business Development Center at McNeese State University
- Southwest Louisiana Economic Development Alliance
- SEED Center Business Incubator
- Louisiana Economic Development
- Advanced Audio Video Technologies
- Simien Law Firm
- Elite Janitorial Services
- Southern Touch Technologies
For Southwest Louisiana business development organizations or industries interested in being part of the guide, contact Donna Little at firstname.lastname@example.org.